Here is the lay out for the red, white, and denim table runner. I liked this lay out but thought it needed something.
I added satin stitched hearts to the denim squares. I'm still not sure that is the best I can do, but I put it together anyway.
After I had it put together, washed, dried, and pictures taken, I realized that the second block from the bottom is turned wrong. I didn't take it apart to fix it. It is officially an U.F.O. for now anyway. I'm going to have to find some inspiration to tackle it again. I should have looked at my picture before I sewed the blocks together!
I think I would like it better if I appliqued hearts on the denim squares. May try doing that on top of the satin stitched ones.