I found these buttons at Wal-Mart and thought I might be able to do something with them. I'm not sure if denim was the best choice for a background. I have another set of buttons that are slightly different. I may try something different for a background. I like the way the "grass" turned out. I satin stitched the stems, then added the grass strips, then ran the piece through the washer and dryer to "rag quilt" the grass. Then I stitched on the leaves. They aren't stitched around the edges, just down the center and the veins. Then I stitched the denim to the card stock. I added the buttons last, since they are close to the edges. They are stitched through the card stock.