White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies with Cranberries
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 cup amaranth flour
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup butter, softened
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup white chocolate chips
Note: Have all ingredients at room temperature. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a bowl, combine oats, amaranth flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg, brown sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in cranberries and chocolate chips.
3. Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned and just set. Let cool on baking sheets on a rack for 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully transfer to rack and let cool completely.
5. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in freezer for up to 2 months.
Reprinted from 250 Gluten-Free Favorites by Donna Washburn and Heather Butt