Haven’t tried this recipe, but it sounds easy and yummy!
- 1 package champagne yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 2 cups warm water
- 4 cups (50:50 mix) bread flour:pastry flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla castor sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks melted butter
- Add yeast to water and let it bloom. Maybe I was having a slow day in the kitchen. But I stood over the bowl and watched it after I put the yeast in the water. Now I’ve “bloomed” plenty of yeast. But I’ve never watched the whole process. First, a few bubbles appear. Then a few more. Then, the whole thing takes off like it’s a mole digging underground. It’s the coolest thing. Glad I watched it.
- Add remaining ingredient to the bowl, after the yeast has bloomed, adding flour last. Mix and pour into greased muffin tins. I made 20 rolls out of this batch.
- This doesn’t make a light and airy yeast roll. It’s a little bit…
View original post 45 more words